7.31.2012

President Obama,

Step up, be the bigger man, and lead this great nation of ours.

Stop lowering yourself to his level.  Stop asking me for money with some joke of a solicitation talking about the good 'ole days and how I need to meet some smoke and mirrors deadline.  It's not working and you are better than that.


There are millions of us out there waiting for you to put all of this BS campaign jousting in the rear-view mirror.  Waiting for you to stop with the negativity and the attacks.

I made the trip to your inauguration a few years ago because I wanted to be a part of something significant.  I wanted to be able to tell my children and my grandchildren one day, that I was there when our world changed for the better.  You sold me on that possibility, and I bought into it.

I remember what it felt like to hope, and to dream, and to stand united under a common vision.  Remind yourself of what it took to get to that moment, but then move on.

It is time for you to take a walk, take a breath, and with that next exhale, endeavor to harness the power of a desperately hopeful nation that just wants to hear something positive, something aspirational, and something that will make them believe in the United States of America again.

Do that, and you won't have to send me some cliche, overused auto-email asking for my money.
Do that, and I will send in my support unsolicited.
Do that, and he won't have a chance.

Respectfully, and hopefully, yours,
Colin Brode Donovan

Be well Barack!

No comments: